Senior Partnerships Associate
Goodwall (goodwall.io) is a mobile-first platform connecting Gen Z (16-26-year-olds) to opportunity. We leverage technology and an ecosystem of purpose-driven partners to empower youth on their journey through the world of education & work to reach their full potential and make society better.
Goodwall has a mission to level the playing field for youth globally and through its social enterprise model it serves over 2 million youth from 150+ countries. We help those who don’t go to branded educational institutions showcase their talent, connect to a supportive community, access free skill building opportunities and connect to jobs, internships and scholarships.
Goodwall is disrupting how youth access opportunity and are assessed on their potential. Our innovative approach has had us selected most recently as a World Economic Forum Technology Pioneer Company in 2023, and recognition from various media including Fast Company, Forbes 30 under 30, CNN and others. Goodwall has become a strategic partner to Fortune 500s as well as governmental and IOGs such as the UN to make sure no youth is left behind.
Goodwall is a diverse multicultural team between Europe, Africa and Asia with operations in the US and LATAM. Goodwall is financially and strategically backed by leading investors. Goodwall has raised over $25M in funding from leading strategic and financial backers.
As a social enterprise, Goodwall works through public-private partnerships to unlock the potential of underserved and underprivileged youth globally.
As a senior partnerships associate your role will be to support the partnerships team in creating program ideas for partners from the development and for-profit sectors and writing proposals, decks, budgets to help secure the partnerships. It is a multi-faceted role that includes co-creating with partners, understanding of programming and concept note development.
Your responsibilities will include:
- Working alongside the different team members and partners to develop and execute complex concept notes and partnership proposals to meet the requirements of the different stakeholders.
- Participating and leading co-creation sessions with partners.
- Converting briefs received from partnership managers into proposals in the forms of concept notes or decks adapted to the language of our partners.
- Understanding measurement, education and learning frameworks as well as methodologies of partners to make sure proposals fit their requirements.
- Being able to learn new concepts quickly to adapt to new requirements of proposals from our diverse partner base.
- Being comfortable working cross functionally with different team members to put proposals together such as budgets, technical features.
A hands-on, do-er who is passionate to deliver excellence with the following attributes:
- 4+ years of professional work experience in the design, development of large scale programs either in the consulting or development sectors (ie. i.e. development aid, CSR, ESG, humanitarian, social enterprises, etc.)
- Experience in the sectors of youth upskilling, youth development and employment, digital skills, and informal learning are considered a plus.
- Track record of results in fundraising, proposal development and co-creating large-scale partnerships with global organizations from the private and public sectors.
- Extensive experience in the development of the material required to formalize partnerships and enable funding: deck presentations, proposal documents, detailed budgets, work plans, contracts and MoUs, tender/grant application, reporting, etc.
- Are comfortable and enjoy participating in the different stages the stages of partnership creation alongside different colleagues from initial co-creation to contract signature including development.
- Entrepreneurial problem-solver with a data-driven growth mindset.
- A strong writer who is able to communicate succintly.
- A strong communicator internally and externally, and enjoy working with partners and colleagues from diverse international backgrounds and work experiences.
- Are comfortable working autonomous in a distributed environment, leveraging Salesforce and productivity tools.
- Ability to operate in a fast-paced, ever-changing environment allows you to adapt and deliver results under pressure.
- Enjoy the multi-faceted dimensions of this role from the technical aspects, to partnership development
- You enjoy getting things done, focusing on immediate results while contributing to the long term strategy of the team
- You are genuinely excited and aligned with our mission, demonstrating a strong commitment to making a positive social impact.
What we offer
A mission you can be proud of and a meaningful fulfilling opportunity and responsibility to really impact the future of the next generation
Autonomy to manage your time and efforts to achieve your goals
A challenging, fast-moving environment working with an international team where change is constant and creativity is celebrated
A position with the potential to evolve as you acquire new skills, grow, influence, and take on new responsibilities
Competitive compensation and a flexible work environment with a great team